BERT E. LOEB STADIUM (1940-2019)
part of the Columbian Park complex in Lafayette served as the home of the Colt World Series and then Lafayette World Series from 1969 to its demolition in 2019
The original Loeb stadium had a seating capacity of approximately 3,500 with plenty of standing room. A natural infield was surrounded by 150 lights on eight high towers surrounding the field for excellent night playing.
Dedicated in 1940, Loeb Stadium hosted numerous baseball games and other events in its long lifespan. The architect was Walter Scholer. The stadium's eventual namesake, Bert and June Loeb, originally donated $50,000 to construct the 3,500 seat facility in honor of Solomon Loeb.
First called the Columbian Park Recreational Center, it was officially renamed as Loeb Stadium in 1971. Loeb Stadium served as the home field for Lafayette Jefferson High School and also hosted IHSAA tournaments, American Legion baseball and the Colt World Series and Greater Lafayette World Series.
Loeb Stadium was located on the corner of Wallace Avenue and Main Street. It was demolished on September 4, 2019 to make room for the newly-built Loeb Stadium, which broke ground in August of 2019 and was officially opened on March 31, 2021.